Demographics of Grant, Minnesota
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 70.0 km² (27.0 mi²). 66.5 km² (25.7 mi²) of it is land and 3.4 km² (1.3 mi²) of it (4.92%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,026 people, 1,374 households, and 1,215 families residing in the city. The population density was 60.5/km² (156.8/mi²). There were 1,399 housing units at an average density of 21.0/km² (54.5/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.14% White, 0.15% African American, 0.07% Native American, 0.89% Asian, 0.45% from other races, and 0.30% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.19% of the population.
There were 1,374 households out of which 39.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 82.6% were married couples living together, 3.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 11.5% were non-families. 9.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.93 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the city the population was spread out with 28.1% under the age of 18, 5.3% from 18 to 24, 24.3% from 25 to 44, 34.2% from 45 to 64, and 8.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 104.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.6 males.
Education level for population 25 years and over in Grant:
- High school or higher: 94.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 43.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.6%
- German (41.7%)
- Irish (14.4%)
- Swedish (12.6%)
- Norwegian (11.9%)
- English (11.0%)
- French (8.2%).
- The median income for a household in the city was $98,228
- The median income for a family was $104,601
- Males had a median income of $65,441 versus $38,895 for females
- The per capita income for the city was $44,486
- About 1.7% of families and 1.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.3% of those under age 18 and 9.5% of those age 65 or over
Housing units in Grant with a mortgage:
- 757 (134 second mortgage, 136 home equity loan, 4 both second mortgage and home equity loan)
Houses without a mortgage:
Population change in the 1990s:
- +234 (+6.2%)